- A.M. Hills
- About SNU
- Administrative Cabinet
- All-State Camp
- Academy of Senior Professionals
- Refer a Student
- Update Your Information
- Alumni Association
- SNU Magazine
- Share Your News
- Alumni Scholarship Application
- Campus Visit
- Career Education & Student Employment
- Church Relations
- CRRSAA Act
- Education Scholarships
- Employment Information and Opportunities
- Faculty Directory
- Federal Pandemic Relief Funding
- Financial Services
- Good News – October 2020
- Good News – April 2018
- Good News – April 2019
- Good News – August 2018
- Good News – December 2018
- Good News – December 2019
- Good News – February 2018
- Good News – February 2019
- Good News – February 2020
- Good News – January 2018
- Good News – January 2019
- Good News – January 2020
- Good News – January 2021
- Good News – March 2018
- Good News – March 2019
- Good News – May 2018
- Good News – May 2019
- Good News – November 2018
- Good News – October 2019
- Good News – September 2018
- Good News – September 2019
- Good News July 2020
- Good News May 2020
- Good News Newsletter – April 2021
- Good News Newsletter – December 2020
- Good News Newsletter – July 2020
- Good News Newsletter – November 2020
- Good News Newsletter March 2021
- Good News September 2020
- Grievance and Retaliation
- Intercultural Learning & Engagement
- International Admissions
- Kairos Scholars
- Minister’s Forum
- Ministerial Internship Program
- Music Scholarships
- Musical Ensembles
- Nursing Scholarships
- Nursing Scholarships
- Offices and Services
- Parent Portal
- Pastors Award Certificate
- Planned Giving
- Policies and Procedures
- Prayer Request
- Refer a Student to SNU
- Registrar Services
- Residential Life & Housing
- School of Music Information
- Science & Math Summer Research Experience
- Science Scholars Application
- Share Your News
- Site Index
- SNU Events
- SNU Life
- Campus Map
- Commons & Conference Services
- Dining Services
- New Student Institute
- SNU Department of Public Safety
- SNU Student Handbook
- Southern Nazarene University’s Campus Store
- Spiritual Life
- Student Consumer Information
- Student Health Center
- Student Stories
- SNU News
- Sound of the Storm Marching Band
- Undergraduate Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Catalog
- Academic Research
- Freshmen Learning Communities
- General Education
- R.T. Williams Library
- The SNU Honors Program
- Transfer Coursework
- Zig Ziglar Center for Leadership Development
- Undergraduate Admissions
- University Relations Staff
- Web Accessibility
- Web Request
A New Way to Save on Future College Costs
Independent 529 Plan is a new way to help families save for tuition at hundreds of private colleges across the country.
With Independent 529 Plan, you lock in the cost of tomorrow’s tuition at any participating college or university for less than the tuition charges that students pay today. Anyone can set up an account for a future college student and take advantage of this one-of-a-kind 529 program.
INDEPENDENT 529 PLAN ENABLES YOU TO PURCHASE FUTURE TUITION AT TODAY’S LOWER PRICES.
Recognizing both the importance of higher education and the difficulty parents often face in paying tuition costs, private colleges and universities from across the country have joined together to offer Independent 529 Plan. It’s a new way to pay for a child’s future education costs.
How does it work?
The plan enables you to prepay tuition at any participating private college. Because the colleges invest the funds you pay, they are able to offer a discount on today’s prices. When the student later enrolls, you can redeem the percentage of tuition you’ve prepaid. You are guaranteed the percentage purchased – no matter how much tuition costs rise in the future.
THIS PLAN WAS DESIGNED BY PARTICIPATING COLLEGES.
Flexible payment options
- Pay a year or more of college tuition – at current prices less a discount – at any participating private college.
- Pay any percentage of future tuition you want, also at current prices less a discount.
- Low minimum contribution to start.
GUARANTEE YOUR CHILD’S TUITION. GUARANTEE YOUR OWN PEACE OF MIND.
- There’s no investment risk to you*
- There’s no tuition inflation risk
- There’s no risk of taxes** on money applied to tuition
Lock In Today’s Prices
If you purchase a year of tuition today for your child or grandchild, you’ll get a year of tuition when that child is ready for college – regardless of future tuition prices.
Colleges Guarantee Your Prepayments
The amount of tuition your contribution buys depends on the college the student decides to attend.***
If your child doesn’t attend a participating private college, you can get a refund (adjusted for market performance of the program).*
TAX ADVANTAGES OF A 529 PLAN
There’s never a federal tax** on the increased value of your contributions, if the money is used for qualified higher education expenses. Plus, you can transfer benefits to other eligible family members.
For More Information
Visit www.independent529plan.org or call 888.718.7878.
*Refunds will be adjusted based on the net performance of the Program Trust, subject to a maximum return of 2% per annum and a maximum loss of 2% per annum.
**The law allowing for federal income tax-free qualified withdrawals is set to expire on December 31, 2010. Congress may or may not extend this law beyond this date. Future changes in the law may create adverse tax consequences, or lead to termination of the plan.
***Participation in Independent 529 Plan does not guarantee admission to any college or university, nor does owning a certificate in any way affect the admissions process. Owning a certificate may have an adverse impact on financial aid determinations. TIAA-CREF and its affiliates do not provide tax advice. Please consult your tax advisor.