Southern Nazarene University is accredited by
The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association.
Higher Learning Commission
230 S. LaSalle St, Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604
Phone: 800.621.7440 / 312.263.0456
Southern Nazarene University is:
- an approved four-year senior college for the South Central region of the Church of the Nazarene.
- accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. SNU is approved to offer academic programs through the doctoral level. (Higher Learning Commission, 230 S. LaSalle St, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604 | Phone: 800.621.7440 / 312.263.0456).
- accredited for Master of Arts degree programs in Theology, Teacher Education, Educational Leadership, and Marriage and Family Therapy; Master of Business Administration; and Master of Science in Management and in Counseling Psychology.
- accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
- accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music.
- accredited by the Association of College and Business School Programs (ACBSP).
- approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing.
- approved for Teacher Education by the Oklahoma State Board of Education.
- a member of the International Board of Education (Church of the Nazarene).
- a member of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing.
- a member of the Association of Governing Boards of Universities and Colleges.
- a member of the Oklahoma Independent Colleges and Universities.
- a member of the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education.
- a member of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities.
- a member of the Association for Continuing Higher Education (ACHE).
- a member of the Council for Adult and Experiential Learning.
- a member of the Christian Adult Higher Education Association (CAHEA).
SNU is an licensed educational provider located in Bethany, Oklahoma and several locations throughout the state of Oklahoma. The university serves students from the South Central educational region of the Church of the Nazarene, which includes Arkansas, Louisiana, and Texas and across the nation through programs offered at the Bethany campus and other Oklahoma locations.
Additionally, it is authorized to provide online educational programs to students in various states through its participation in the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) initiative for institutions without a physical presence in the state. Students are responsible for checking with the appropriate education authority in their state to confirm that online course delivery by out of state institutions not licensed in their state is authorized [or, “not prohibited”].
It is the policy of the University to resolve student complaints through the university appeals process outlined in the SNU Student Handbook and SNU Academic Catalog. The processes outlined in these documents resolve in a final and exclusive manner any complaint of violations of university policies and procedures contained therein and any and all other unresolved student complaints based on the university’s policy against discrimination, harassment and complaints challenging a final grade. Any other complaint or controversy which relates to the interpretation or the application of the Student Handbook, Catalog or of other publications of the university related to students shall be finally exclusively resolved by the General Student Complaint Procedure.