Student excellence is our commitment. Interested in becoming a student at Southern Nazarene University? Follow the steps below to apply!
International Student Steps to Admission
1. Complete the online application by creating an account, logging in and submitting the application for your desired program:
2. All International Student Applicants are required to submit transcripts to one of the following NACES recognized evaluation services:
- SpanTran: SpanTran Application
- WES: World Education Services
- Completed evaluations should be sent to:
Southern Nazarene University
Attn: Registrar’s office
6729 NW 39th Expressway
Bethany, OK 73008
or via email to Krista Cowan: email@example.com
3. SUBMIT SAT or ACT RESULTS.
ACT Website Institutional Code 3384
SAT Website Institutional Code 6039
4. Submit TOEFL or IELTS results. While SNU does not require a score from a language exam for admission, language competency is required to obtain an F-1 Student Visa.*
- The TOEFL institutional code for SNU is 6036. A TOEFL score of 61 on the Internet-based exam is required for admission.
- An IELTS bandwidth score of 6.0 is required for admission. This test is not administered at SNU.
- Students transferring from another SEVP-approved US school/institution are not required to submit a TOEFL or IELTS if they have successfully completed 2 or more semesters and/or have obtained 24 or more credit hours.
- For graduate and nursing school students, a TOEFL score of 79 on the Internet-based exam or an IELTS bandwidth score of 7.0 is required for admission.
* An exception to this policy is admission into the SNU Nursing Program in the School of Nursing. For more information regarding department-specific requirements, visit their ESL Requirements page.
5. A financial statement of support should be submitted indicating how tuition, school fees, and living expenses will be paid while you are enrolled in college. This includes both the sponsor’s bank statement and the Certificate of Financial Resources signed by your financial sponsor.
- Certificate of Financial Resources – Undergraduate, On-Campus
- Certificate of Financial Resources – Undergraduate, Off-Campus
- Certificate of Financial Resources – MBA, MSM, MBA-HC
- Certificate of Financial Resources – MACP, MSCP, MAMFT
- Certificate of Financial Resources – MSNE, MSNL, MASMA
- Certificate of Financial Resources – MAASE
- Certificate of Financial Resources – MAEL
- Certificate of Financial Resources – PGS Undergraduate
6. Carefully read, sign, and submit the Statement of Understanding.
7. Send copies of your passport identification page.
8. Complete the International Transfer Student Information Request Form if you are transferring from an SEVP-approved US school/institution.
9. International student fee of $200 to be paid to assist in processing international documents
10. Graduate students will need to complete all additional requirements for their specific graduate program.
Processing of I-20s can take about 2 weeks (on average) AFTER all necessary documentation has been received. Any fraudulent documentation submitted will result in immediate denial.